This year’s event will raise funds for United Way of Rockland County. The organization’s vision is a community where individuals and families have the skills to achieve a quality education, economic security and a healthy lifestyle. The United Way’s programs work to provide people with the skills needed to reach these goals.
Since 2004 — thanks to the help of our sponsors and others — we have honored the Foundation’s pledge of $500,000 to the Dennis P. McHugh Piermont Public Library and raised funds to:
• build a playground for the Rockland Gaelic Athletic Association in Orangeburg;
• construct the SureHands Lift & Care System at the Children of Promise Stable to safely transfer wheelchair bound special needs children to and from the horse;
• support United Hospice of Rockland County;
• facilitate programs run by Tuesday’s Children;
• support the construction of the Highview Playground in Nanuet;
• support the construction of housing for wounded veterans through Homes for Heroes;
• purchase and install life-saving AED defibrillators in Camp Venture’s community-based group homes located throughout Rockland County;
• support SHARE Africa, which is based in Rockland County with an affiliate in Mbita, Kenya.
As you know, t-shirts have always been a major part of this event and are worn by over 1,000 participants of the race. The t-shirts are also purchased by attendees and are worn year-round, which increases our sponsors’ exposure. A t-shirt sponsorship remains $300.00, which will include your company’s name on the back of all race day t-shirts. In addition, you will receive t-shirts for sponsoring the race as you have in the past. It is worth noting that our 11 previous runs have drawn 15,000 to 18,000 people!
Please accept our sincere thanks for your contribution of $300.00 or more for this event.
Your support not only helps the Foundation, but also provides a fun-filled day for all who attend the event and for the community.
All checks must be received by March 31, 2017, to the address indicated below and should be payable to:
Una McHugh & the Run for Fun Committee