The Dennis P. McHugh Foundation supports local families and community organizations in need. To date we have collected and donated thousands of dollars to help local families and community organizations. Donations are collected at various events throughout the year by different means including 50/50 raffles and silent auctions.
If you would like to donate a bid item for one of our upcoming events please e-mail us here.
Past recipients of donations from the Dennis P. McHugh Foundation include:
- donated Defibrillators to Venture Foundation,
- support Homes for Heroes,
- build a playground for the Rockland Gaelic Athletic Association to help build the Joe McCormack Memorial Playground at the Gaelic football fields in Orangeburg,
- construct the SUREHANDS® Lift & Care System at the Children of Promise Stable to safely transfer wheelchair bound special needs children to and from horses,
- support United Hospice of Rockland County,
- facilitate programs run by Tuesday’s Children,
- donations to Joe Penisi, a young Pearl River boy who suffered from and died of cancer, Tappan Zee’s Jack Carey and other Rockland County and local community members in need.
Past projects include funding for a fall planting in the foyer of the Liberty Elementary School in Valley Cottage, that included planting some unusual plants that typically grow in the rain forest. The children also helped plant bulbs in a garden at the front of the school and learned about horticulture.
“The human spirit is not measured by the size of the act but by the size of the heart”